| « Back To Articles
Expert Advice for Father's Day: Activities & Gift Ideas for Dad
"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." -- Charles Wadsworth
"It's only when you grow up, and step back from him, or leave him for your own career and your own home—it's only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it. Pride reinforces love." -- Margaret Truman
Fathers can go unnoticed for all their hard work behind the scenes. Show Dad you care and thank him this Father's Day by planning an activity together and giving him a gift he'll love. Read JoS. A. Bank's Expert Advice on planning the perfect day for Dad and finding him a great gift. Whether he likes sports or cultural events, we have advice about how you can make your Father's Day memorable.
The Sports Dad:
Does your dad glue himself to the armchair to watch sports on TV? Take your sports dad to see a game live for Father's Day. Whether it's baseball, soccer, boxing or basketball, Dad will be thrilled to share a game with you.
• Gift Ideas: Make sure Dad is comfortable while watching the game. Take a look at our wide array of men's sportswear options. For a can't-miss Father's Day gift combination, try pairing our comfortable jeans with a polo.
The Golfing Dad:
The ultimate gentleman's game, golf, can be a great way to bond on Father's Day. Taking in a round or just a trip to the driving range helps your game as well as Dad's.
• Gift Ideas: Look and feel like a professional golfer with our David Leadbetter golf apparel. The fabric stretches where needed and holds up well in diverse weather conditions.
The Outdoors Dad:
If the rugged outdoors is your dad's thing, why not take him bike riding, hiking, fishing, or camping? Taking in fresh air and doing physical activity is a great way to spend time with Dad.
• Gift Ideas: Try our Stays Cool clothing, which is designed to wick moisture away from the body in order to keep him cool and dry. No matter the activity, our shorts and Stays Cool shirts will keep Dad looking and feeling great all day long.
The Refined Father:
There are many cultural possibilities for a father with a touch of class. Try taking Dad to a museum or getting the two of you tickets to a concert.
• Gift Ideas: A classy sport coat would go great with any museum tour or trip to the symphony.
The Foodie Father:
If Dad is a foodie, take him out for a special dinner this Father's Day. Take him to his favorite restaurant or check out somewhere new.
The Well Traveled Father:
Think about taking dad on a mini-vacation. Dad will be thrilled for the time off even if it's just a day or two.
• Gift Ideas: Our Vacation in Paradise collection may be the perfect attire for Dad's getaway. Our new jacquard sport shirts have the feel of silk but are machine-washable for easier care.
No matter what you do this special day, show your father your appreciation. We are positive your dad will be pleased with whatever activity you plan and a quality item from his favorite clothier. Happy Father's Day from all of us at JoS. A. Bank!